The S-Bahn city train has just arrived to the platform of the Berlin Hauptbahnhof. Following the so-called "mushroom concept", this largest railway station in Europe forms a connecting point for intersecting lines of different modes of local, regional and international public transport. More than 1000 trains arrive at one of 14 platforms of the two-level station every day. The railway station was opened in 2006 after ten years of construction works on site of the historic railway station Lehrter Bahnhof, which had been heavily damaged in World War II during the Battle of Berlin. Following the construction of the Berlin Wall in 1961, the Lehrter Stadtbahnhof was the last railway station in the western part of Berlin on the city railway line. The following Berlin Friedrichstraße station was already in the Soviet sector. The photograph was exhibited during 13 personal photographic exhibitions "Berlin — the City of Change" within the framework of the Year of Germany in Russia. A documentary photograph of Berlin.